Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Eagle Has Landed

Funny how you don't feel like a whole new person when you move far away from where you've been. I always somehow think I will feel different. Not so far. But here's where I am at (in no particular order),


Things I Miss:
Brass music and marching bands
People always in the street
Not walking on sidewalks
Mid City Zen
Koji, Michaela, & Sara (hometeam)
IWES
JazzFest
The accent
Bikram yoga
That small-town feel
Pelicans
Mid City and everyone in it

Things I am excited about:
The way California smells like ocean and trees
Having access to wonderful teachers to consult for all of my burning Zen questions
Proximity to said ocean and trees for hikes and camping
Working outside
No commute at all (I thought it couldn't get better than my 5 min bike ride commute in NOLA)
Getting to eat 3 meals with my husband every day
A place where spiritual life and work life are not so different
Seeing my family much more often
Jukai someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment